There are several ways to acquire stock at eXp.
- you are awarded $200 worth of eXp stock when you close on your first transaction of every year.
- you are awarded $400 worth of eXp stock when you CAP each year. (80/20 split - when the 20% paid to eXp equals $16,000 you are CAPPED and earn 100% commission through the remainder of your anniversary year)
- you are awarded $400 worth of eXp stock when an agent that you attract to the company closes on their first transaction.
These 3 awards (above) vest 3 years from the date that you are awarded the stock.
The direct purchase program is optional for agents, but I highly recommend enrolling. If you opt in, 5% of your commissions will be used to purchase eXp stock at a 20% discount. You instantly make 20% on your investment. No vesting period on direct purchase program. You own it outright.
Two production benchmarks to qualify
1) Sell 20 transactions AFTER you CAP in your anniversary year period. (Can be buy/sell/rent/referral)
2) Earn $500,000 GCI
In addition, meet company cultural criteria of attending shareholders meeting, eXp Con. Also be willing to come from a place of contribution towards all other eXp agents, brokers, and staff by doing things like sitting on the ICONversations panel in eXp world.
The stock award for the ICON program is $16,000 in eXp stock. ($4,000 is yours at the time the stock is awarded and $12,000 vests in 3 years.
Sustainable Equity Plan
In 2013, eXp Realty became a public company for the primary purpose of sharing equity with its agents. Shortly thereafter, the company introduced the industry’s first Agent Equity Award program for those who reached certain milestones.
The Sustainable Equity Plan is as follows:*
- First completed transaction with eXp Realty: $200 worth of eXp World Holdings common stock.
- When agent caps: $400 worth of eXp World Holdings common stock.
- For directly attracting another agent to the company and upon the closing of that agent’s first transaction with eXp Realty: $400 worth of eXp World Holdings common stock.
- When named an ICON agent:** Up to $16,000 worth of of eXp World Holdings common stock, eligible on a yearly basis. $12,000 is awarded and vests after three years, and an additional $2,000 will be issued after each company event (The eXp Shareholder Summit and EXPCON) with no vesting period, for a possible total of $4,000.
- All stock grants will be priced based on the closing market price of EXPI’s common stock on the last trading day of the qualification month.
- All equity will have an award date, which is the month an agent qualifies for an award. Agent must remain with the company in good standing for a period of three years from the award date. For attraction awards, sponsoring agent and the agent who joins and closed their first transaction must both remain in good standing with the company for a period of three years from the award date.