It depends on the type of team you form.
Traditional Team - Half Cap Team Members
In certain cases, eXp Realty will reduce a Team Member’s annual company dollar cap by half. Team Leaders will continue to pay a full cap. Team Members with a reduced annual cap are not eligible to receive the “capping equity award” or the ICON Agent Award, as paying a full cap is required for both.
In order to qualify for a reduced Team Member annual cap the following terms are required:
- The Team Leader must have a minimum of $6 million in production or 30 closed transactions during the previous 12 months.
- Team Members must pay the Team Leader a minimum of 25% of their GCI earned on every transaction.
- The Team Leader must have a written commission agreement with each Team Member. This written agreement must be approved by eXp Realty.
- The Team Leader must sign a Team Leader Addendum.
- Team Members must sign a Team Member Addendum.
- Team Leader must provide a roster of all Team Members to ensure proper reporting as a team within eXp Enterprise, and to be added on the Team Roster.
The team leader is responsible for paying a $16,000 CAP at an 80/20 split annually.
Each team member under the team leader pays an $8,000 CAP at an 80/20 split annually.
Team Members must pay the Team Leader a minimum of 25% of their GCI earned on every transaction (prior to the 80/20 split with eXp)
See attached document for all types of teams you can form at eXp realty and the guidelines for each team-type.
See this PDF attachment for eXp team info for details on all of the approved team types at eXp.