1) The first step is to go to join.exprealty.com. The application to initiate the entire process is found on that site and it only takes a couple of minutes. Filling out the application does not commit you to join exp realty; it simply initiates the next step.
2) After you fill out the join application, you should expect to receive your signing documents via email. This will include your independent contractor agreement (ICA). Nothing is official until you sign that document. That is also where you will list your sponsor for revenue share purposes.
3) Next, you will follow the process in your state for requesting the change of sponsorship to eXp realty from your current brokerage, and then the exp state broker will accept your license. (it is at this point that you are legal to do business at eXp realty. If you do not know your state's process for this, then reach out to the state broker.
4) You will also want to make sure that your mls board knows you are changing brokers and you will transfer any listings you have with your board as well. You can get forms for those transfers from your local board of realtors, or many times the state brokers will have the forms signed and ready to go for you.
5) The final step in onboarding will be receiving your welcome email that has your eXp passport login. This will allow you to access all of your exp systems including; eXp world, eXp Enterprise, and Skyslope (transaction management).
****order any signage and marketing materials that you might need, but you will get a coupon code to order 1,000 business cards for free with your welcome email.
eXp Realty has a comprehensive onboarding process that is outlined here.
eXp Realty Onboarding Checklist & Process